What are the best sources of information about the ACVP/ASVCP Annual Meeting?
The 2022 Annual Meeting is paperless. All information you might have previously found in a printed program can be found at:
- Visit www.acvpannualmeeting.org for the full meeting schedule, speaker bios and photos, poster abstracts, and registration desk, Exhibit Hall, and Speaker Ready Room hours. Looking for a printable meeting schedule? Download the schedule-at-a-glance.
- Search the App store for the free ACVP/ASVCP Annual Meeting mobile app to build your personal program, find session rooms, connect with other attendees, speakers, poster presenters, and exhibitors, access speaker handouts.
- Still have questions? Stop by the Registration and Information Desk in The Commonwealth Foyer:
- Friday, November 11: 4-7pm
- Saturday, November 12: 7am-7:30pm
- Sunday, November 13: 6am-7pm
- Monday, November 14: 6am-6pm
- Tuesday, November 15: 6am-7pm
What is included in my ACVP/ASVCP Annual Meeting registration?
As a registered attendee, you will be able to:
- Select from more than 30 educational sessions.
- Choose to attend one of 5 pre-meeting workshops (separate registration required).
- See the latest vet path research presented through more than 280 scientific posters.
- Earn up to 22.5 hours of RACE credit for the Annual Meeting (plus additional credits for pre-meeting workshops) and 2 ACVP Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credits for each half-day of attendance.
- Connect with other attendees and speakers throughout the week during sessions, at the Opening Reception, President’s Reception, Alumni Receptions, Student Chapters Breakfast, Veterinary Resident and Student Forum, and morning yoga.
Can I register onsite if I didn’t register prior? Can I add a pre-meeting workshop to my Annual Meeting registration?
Online registration continues throughout of the Annual Meeting with an added $75 per person onsite registration fee starting on November 12. Add a pre-meeting workshop or guest badge anytime by logging back into your existing meeting registration. Or stop by the onsite Registration and Information Desk for further assistance.
What if I need to cancel or transfer my registration?
The deadline for registration cancellation for a refund has passed.
Can I bring a guest?
Add a guest to your meeting registration for $95. Registered guests may attend the Opening and President’s receptions. Regular meeting registration is required to attend any educational programming.
What do I do when I arrive at the Westin?
Head to the Commonwealth Foyer (down the escalator to the right of the hotel front desk) to pick up your meeting badge using the QR code email sent a few days before the meeting.
How do I get on meeting Wi-fi?
Select Westin_conference, password VetPath2022.
What is the dress code for the meeting?
Business casual is appropriate for all meeting events. A light sweater or jacket is recommended for cooler meeting rooms.
How do I find session rooms?
Download the meeting mobile app. Search the app store for ACVP/ASVCP Annual Meeting. Want it on paper? Before heading to Boston print a downloadable Schedule-at-a-Glance.
Where do I find speaker handouts and mystery slides?
Proceedings materials for those speakers who choose to provide them can be found within session descriptions in the mobile app.
Handouts for workshops can only be viewed by registrants of that specific workshop, within the workshop session description in the mobile app.
To see handouts and rate sessions and speakers, you must first add the session to your “My Schedule” by clicking on the green “Add” button in “Schedule.” From “My Schedule” you will have access to green handouts button, orange notes button, and blue Survey button.
Links to mystery slides and case information can be found within the session description in the mobile app for the Primate Pathology workshop (registered attendees only) and the Neuropathology and Comparative Pathology mystery slide sessions. Note: It is recommended that attendees review the information before traveling to Boston or in their hotel rooms for best internet access, using Chrome, or other newer internet browser for optimal viewing.
How do I find posters and abstracts?
Daily rotating scientific posters will be on display in the Exhibit Hall with authors attending at specified times:
- Saturday: Veterinary Student (authors attending 7:45-8:45pm)
- Sunday: Clinical Pathology and Diagnostic Pathology (authors attending 9:45-10:15am and 3-3:30pm)
- Monday: Experimental Disease, Industrial and Toxicologic Pathology, and Natural Disease (authors attending 9:45-10:15am and 3-3:30pm)
- Tuesday: Late-breaking (authors attending 9:45-10:15am and 1-1:30pm
Looking for an abstract? Searching for topics of interest? All abstracts can be reviewed on www.acvpannualmeeting.org, utilizing the handy search function to find topics or presenters.
How much RACE credit can I earn for attending the meeting and premeeting workshops?
The 2022 ACVP/ASVCP Annual Meeting and the ACVP and ASVCP pre-meeting workshops have been approved for 86.5 total hours of hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval, with a maximum of 22.5 credits available to any one Annual Meeting registrant, plus 3.25 credits for Trace Evidence Collection in Veterinary Forensic Pathology, 3.75 for A Taste of Toxicologic Pathology, 8 credits for Placental, Fetal and Infant Primate Pathology, and/or 6.25 credits for Emerging Concepts in Veterinary Laboratory Quality.
RACE credit for Getting into the Hard Stuff: Tumors of Bone, Cartilage, and Dental Tissues will be submitted and reported by the Davis-Thompson Foundation.
This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE does not “accredit” or “endorse” or “certify” any program or person, nor does RACE approval validate the content of the program.
How do I claim CE?
Watch for an email certifying maximum CE credit available to you based on Annual Meeting and workshop registration, sent within two weeks of the meeting’s conclusion.
What about MOC credit?
ACVP Diplomates may claim 2 ACVP Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credits for each half day of live Annual Meeting participation. Log into the MOC portal before 9/31/23 to report Annual Meeting attendance, including uploading the provided CE certification email.
Where can I find a cup of coffee and/or a quick meal?
- Complimentary coffee will be served in the exhibit hall Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, 10:15-10:45am, and Sunday and Monday 3-3:30pm, and in Harbor Ballroom Foyer, and Grand Ballroom Foyer on Tuesday 3-3:30pm
- Restaurants in the Westin: Starbucks, Birch Lobby Bar, MJ O’Connor’s, and Sauciety
- Nearby dining options: Check out this map.
Is there anywhere at the meeting where I can get a few minutes of quiet?
Visit the Relaxation Room located in Carlton on the Harbor Level – open during registration hours. Join us for a chair massage sponsored by IDEXX, on Sunday and Monday from 1-5pm.
Will there be a designated lactation room?
Elm II offers a private spot. Pick up the key from the Registration and Information Desk.
How can I connect with other attendees?
Set up your profile in the meeting mobile app to connect with other attendees, speakers, poster presenters, and exhibitors.
What networking opportunities are offered?
Connect with other attendees at:
- aMAZEing Builders Backpack Building Event – Saturday 5-7pm (advance registration required)
- Meet the Pathologists Session – Saturday 5:15-6:30pm
- Opening Reception – Saturday 7:30-9pm
- Morning yoga – Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, 6:30-7:30am
- ACVP Student Chapters Breakfast – Sunday 7-8:30am
- ACVP Town Hall Business Meeting – Sunday 5:30-7pm
- Alumni Receptions – Sunday and Monday evening (see schedule on acvpannualmeeting.org)
- Veterinary Student and Resident Forum – Monday 1-3pm
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion session and social event – Monday 3-6pm
- ASVCP Business Meeting – Monday 3:45-5:15pm
- ASVCP Reception – Monday 5:15-6:45pm
- ASVCP Resident Meet-and-Greet Monday 7-8pm
- Speed Networking Monday 6-8pm (advanced registration required)
- ACVP Awards and Recognition Event – Tuesday 5:15-6:30pm
- ACVP President’s Reception – Tuesday 7-9pm
- Networking spaces – sign up (by writing your name in the appropriate cell) to claim an available meeting room to connect with colleagues
- Meeting places in the Westin: Birch Lobby Bar, Starbucks, MJ O’Connor’s restaurant, Sauciety, Laugh Boston comedy club, or in front of the giant screen in the lobby.
When is the Exhibit Hall open?
Visit the Exhibit Hall between educational sessions and during session breaks.
The hall will be open:
- Saturday 7:30-9pm Opening Reception (7:45-8:45pm Veterinary Student poster authors attending)
- Sunday 9:30am-4pm (Clinical Pathology and Diagnostic Pathology posters on display, authors attending 9:45-10:15am and 3-3:30pm)
- Monday 9:30am-4pm (Experimental Disease, Industrial and Toxicologic Pathology, and Natural posters on display, authors attending 9:45-10:15am and 3-3:30pm)
- Tuesday 9:30am-1:30pm (Late-breaking posters on display, authors attending 9:45-10:15am and 1-1:30pm)
How can I tell ACVP and ASVCP what I liked most about the meeting?
- Rate each session and its speakers via the blue “+Survey” button in the session description in the meeting mobile app.
- To provide feedback on the overall meeting experience, complete the Annual Meeting survey by Friday, December 2.
Is there an onsite Career Center?
ACVP’s Career Center has gone virtual. Check out the Career and Training Center on the ACVP Website to search for posted opportunities (or post your opening).